Company: TPS Transport Consultants Ltd.
Job Title: Consultant, Senior or Principal Sustainable Transport Planner
Term: Full time permanent (will consider part time)
Salary: £25,000–£41,000 (dependent upon experience)
Location: Horbury, Wakefield
TPS Transport Consultants Ltd. (formerly Travel Plan Services Ltd.) is an established transport planning company, leading the way in sustainable transport/travel planning consultancy support. We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package and fantastic opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and friendly office environment.
We pride ourselves on delivering high quality, tailored advice and implementation support across a range of sectors, and our client list reflects the quality of our offer. We work on projects ranging from small residential sites, through to some of the most high-profile developments within the UK, meaning the right candidate will enjoy working on a breadth of projects across a range of clients.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our team in Wakefield, to help lead the delivery our portfolio of work, focusing on the residential sector. We are inviting applications across a range of grades, with the focus being on finding the right individual for the role and the company. We offer a salary commensurate with experience, 28 days annual leave, flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home on an adhoc basis (depending on project requirements).
The role will typically involve (dependent upon experience/grade):
- Preparation of and support to fee proposals / bids and marketing materials, actively helping to grow our workload;
- Project management, including managing clients, resources and finances;
- Preparation of Travel Plan reports for submission in support of planning applications;
- Preparing, undertaking, analysing and reporting upon travel surveys;
- Copywriting of content for inclusion in sustainable travel related marketing materials and liaising with in-house designer through to delivery;
- Engaging with key stakeholders, including Local Authorities, to ensure that development related Travel Plan obligations are being fulfilled; and
- Preparation for and attendance at sustainable transport/commuter related events.
- Experience in the transport planning industry or other relevant field;
- Excellent report writing, other written and numerical presentation skills;
- Good communication skills, and a confidence to engage with a target audience, whether internal or external;
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills, with ability to manage competing project deadlines and client expectations;
- Experience of financial management, with an ability to ensure delivery of tasks / projects within specific budgetary constraints;
- Experience of supporting more junior staff to deliver, develop and progress;
- A desire to work in a small consultancy environment with a desire to be actively involved in the shape of the business in the future.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is currently no deadline for applications. Applicants should send their full CV, along with a covering letter, which clearly sets out why you see yourself as being suitable to the role in question.
If you have any queries, or would like to talk through the opportunity further, please contact John Hacker on 07747 563606 or email email@example.com.